Livestreaming Every Day Makes Me More Productive

Lately I've been getting into a good groove of livestreaming in the evenings.

If, like me, you have full-time job, family responsibilities, and perhaps have another side business (I'm also a recording artist), and like to go to the gym occasionally, then there's little time for art except on nights and weekends.

You really have to carve out time.  I don't watch or read "the news".  I rarely watch movies, and they're always classics.  I don't watch episodic TV shows.  I do watch a little YouTube (mostly shows about cars, "fails" and dash cam videos, Azerbaijan cooking, and ragdoll cats.)





What's motivating for me is hopping on Streamyard and getting live on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitch for a little while.  These videos are later rebroadcast as recordings onto BitChute, Odysee, and Rumble.  As I like to say, "It's good to be everywhere..."

I don't care how many people show up.  I'm sure other "content creators" are doing this sort of thing for "fame and fortune and everything that goes with it", well, I kinda feel that it's not gonna be a bed of roses or a pleasure cruise if you have that attitude.  Right?  Heh heh...

Lately, in the livesterams, I've been checking out books from the libraries and thumbing through them.  I've also been trying to fix "bad paintings".  I do a little experimenting.  I talk a little about my day.  I drink some kefir (fermented milk) because gut health = brain heath.  Sometimes I don't talk so much and just work.  If people show up and chat, I'll read or highlight the chats.  That's fun...

This week, in a video I recorded live in 15 minutes over my lunch break, I purposefully went out to other artist's web sites and highlighted a painting or artwork that I really like.  I think that's a good thing to do.  Artists should be networking regularly.  I'm only going to be mentioning artworks that I like.  It's kinda like "colloquium", but with nothing negative.  




*

So, let's talk about my previous week of stats...  I'm still getting traction.  Site up.  Email list up.  IG up slightly.   YT subs up.  FB page up.  30% open rate on the emails.  Rumble up!

Let's talk about Rumble and these "alternative" sites:

In March, I tried to find all the services where I could rebroadcast my YouTube livestream videos when I signed up for the paid version of Streamyard.  These included BitChute, Odysee, and Rumble.  There are others, but they were difficult to get accounts or configure.  The aforementioned three were easy to get accounts on and plug-in the YouTube code.  So now when I stream to YouTube or upload a video to YouTube, it ends up everywhere.

I figured I'd get no activity from Rumble.  Indeed, I didn't have a single subscriber for the first 6 months!  But every month or two I'd check the stats on Rumble and find that at least a few people had watched my videos to some degree.  That's how you build traction.

In early October, I got my first Rumble sub... exciting!  I got more in subsequent weeks.  And then in the past week I got two more and am currently at "5".  Yay!

If anything has hindered artists in the past 15 years, it's been sitting in these damned walled gardens where you're constantly being throttled and asked to "boost" in order to do "pay for play" - well, I'm not gonna pay Zuck anything.  I'll play his free game, but that's it.  

That's why we must have mailing lists, and use them!  That's why we should blog, and try to rebroadcast the blog to other blog sites, if possible.  And the same thing goes with livestreaming video and what I call "translator channels" like Rumble.

Also, I don't get caught up in the politics of one site or another.  That's foolish.  The attitude should be, "Where can I get the biggest potential reach with the least amount of extra work and expense?"  

I know, I know, I know, every artist wants the "cheat codes", but there are no cheat codes.


Join the Mark Rushton Gallery mailing list:  https://www.markrushtongallery.com

*

Who am I?  

I'm Mark Rushton, a professional recording artist and fine artist who has managed to hang on to creativity.  

I've released music and sounds since the early 2000s under many different names, including my own.  I largely create ambient, beat-driven electronica, and avant-garde music and soundscapes, as well as field recordings and sound effects.  

I'm also a fine artist / painter, making original paintings, limited edition prints, and functional merchandise.


Mark Rushton Gallery:  https://www.markrushtongallery.com
Mark Rushton Web Site:  https://www.markrushton.com
Mark Rushton Gallery Blog:  https://markrushtongallery.blogspot.com

Music links:  

License Mark Rushton's Music for your project:   https://www.markrushton.com/musicservices/



Services I Use:

Airtable referral code:  https://airtable.com/invite/r/M3Ydt3Ze
Walmart+ Referral Code:  http://share.walmartplus.com/mark8673
Songtrust Referral Code:  (save $10):  https://app.songtrust.com/signup/?discount_code=178652a-Ecs

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Ready for the Black Friday Sale

I Got Laid Off

Mark Rushton Black Friday Sale on Prints, Tote Bags, and Magnetic Art - Ends November 19th!